WTVZ / 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS TEXT TO WIN
OFFICIAL TEXT CONTEST RULES
Contest: WTVZ / 12 Days of Christmas Text to Win
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WTVZ
Station Address: WTVZ, 999 Waterside Drive, Suite 2525, Norfolk, VA 23510
Contest Area: Virginia Counties: Chesapeake, Gloucester, Hampton, Isle of Wight, James City, Mathews, Newport News, Norfolk, Northampton, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Southampton, Suffolk, Surry, Virginia Beach, and York; and North Carolina Counties: Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hertford, Northampton, Pasquotank, and Perquimans
Sponsor(s): Virginia Opera; Marketplace at Tech Center; Stark & Legum; Fountain of You MD; Tastebuds Popcorn; Wild Birds Unlimited; Qmaster Billiards; Philip Michael Fashion for Men; Wine Automotive; Diamonds Direct
Prize Provider(s): Virginia Opera; Marketplace at Tech Center; Stark & Legum; Fountain of You MD; Tastebuds Popcorn; Wild Birds Unlimited; Qmaster Billiards; Philip Michael Fashion for Men; Wine Automotive; Diamonds Direct
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18)
Contest Period: December 13, 2018 to December 26, 2018
Entries Due: 11:59 PM EST on December 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24, 2018
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per account holder per day.
Day 1, December 13, 2018: SING
Day 2, December 14, 2018: MARKETPLACE
Day 3, December 15, 2018: STARK
Day 4, December 16, 2018: LEGUM
Day 5, December 17, 2018: FOUNTAIN
Day 6, December 18, 2018: TASTEBUDS
Day 7, December 19, 2018: BIRDS
Day 8, December 20, 2018: WILD
Day 9, December 21, 2018: BILLIARDS
Day 10, December 22, 2018: SUIT
Day 11, December 23, 2018: WINE
Day 12, December 24, 2018: JEWELRY
Short Code: 30126
Drawing Date(s): December 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 26, 2018
Number of Winners on Each Drawing Date:
Winner for Day 1, December 13, 2018: SING will be drawn on December 14, 2018 – One (1)
Winners from Day 2, December 14, 2018: MARKETPLACE; Day 3, December 15, 2018: STARK; and Day 4, December 16, 2018: LEGUM will be drawn on December 17, 2018 – Three (3)
Winner for Day 5, December 17, 2018: FOUNTAIN will be drawn on December 18, 2018 – One (1)
Winner for Day 6, December 18, 2018: TASTEBUDS will be drawn on December 19, 2018 – One (1)
Winner for Day 7, December 19, 2018: BIRDS will be drawn on December 20, 2018 – One (1)
Winner for Day 8, December 20, 2018: WILD will be drawn on December 21, 2018 – One (1)
Winners for Day 9, December 21, 2018: BILLIARDS; Day 10, December 22, 2018: SUIT; Day 11, December 23, 2018: WINE; and Day 12, December 24, 2018: JEWELRY will be drawn on December 26, 2018 – Four (4)
Total Number of Winners: Twelve (12)
Prize(s) and Value(s): Each daily winner will receive the prize listed below for the corresponding day in which winner entered:
Day 1, December 13, 2018: SING Prize: One (1) Voucher redeemable for two (2) tickets to The Elixir of Love on February 8, 10, or 12, 2019 only at the Harrison Opera House, Norfolk, VA. Prize Value is $240. / $120. per ticket.
Day 2, December 14, 2018: MARKETPLACE Prize: One (1) One Hundred Dollar ($100.) gift card for Whole Foods. Prize Value is $100.
Day 3, December 15, 2018: STARK Prize: One (1) One Hundred Dollar ($100.) gift certificate for Stark & Legum, Norfolk, VA. Prize Value is $100.
Day 4, December 16, 2018: LEGUM Prize: One (1) One Hundred Dollar ($100.) gift certificate for Stark & Legum, Norfolk, VA. Prize Value is $100.
Day 5, December 17, 2018: FOUNTAIN Prize: One (1) gift certificate valid for One (1) 60-minute facial ONLY from Fountain of You MD, Virginia Beach, VA. Prize Value is $119.
Day 6, December 18, 2018: TASTEBUDS Prize: One (1) Fifty Dollar ($50.) gift certificate for Tastebuds Popcorn, Virginia Beach, VA; and One (1) Popcorn Gift Box. Total Prize Value is $115.
Day 7, December 19, 2018: BIRDS Prize: One (1) Eliminator Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder from Wild Birds Unlimited. Approximate Retail Prize Value is $100.
Day 8, December 20, 2018: WILD Prize: One (1) Eliminator Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder from Wild Birds Unlimited. Approximate Retail Prize Value is $100.
Day 9, December 21, 2018: BILLIARDS Prize: One (1) One Hundred Dollar ($100.) gift certificate for Qmaster Billiards, Virginia Beach, VA. Prize Value is $100.
Day 10, December 22, 2018: SUIT Prize: One (1) One Hundred Dollar ($100.) gift certificate for Philip Michael Fashion for Men. Prize Value is $100.
Day 11, December 23, 2018: WINE Prize: A certificate for One (1) Complete Auto Detailing from Wine Automotive, Chesapeake, VA. Prize Value is $100.
Day 12, December 24, 2018: JEWELRY Prize: One (1) 14 karat white gold pendant featuring a round cut natural blue topaz weighing 1.78 carats total weight with 0.07 carats of diamonds around the halo from Diamonds Direct. Approximate Retail Prize Value is $550.
Station’s Website: www.mytvz.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://mytvz.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, text the Keyword to the Short Code. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to Short Code to cancel. Text HELP to Short Code for help. By entering, entrants consent to and will receive up to one (1) text messages relating to this contest from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
How to Win
The Number of Winners on each Drawing Date will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries received.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, own a mobile device capable of texting, and reside in the Contest Area. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant. Entrants must be a mobile service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to enter via this method. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
3. Residents and Citizens of the European Union are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Entrant’s mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans.
3. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest and/or the use of short-code.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station within thirty (30) days of the Drawing Date.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.